2012/11/22

Low price PC server in Japan

I have been looking for a small PC server recently. To be honest, I prefer using cloud services to buying hardware in my local environment, but some restrictions force me to do so.

There are several ways to buy small PC servers. Going to Akihabara, where is the most popular electric town in Japan or visiting web shops offering special sales. Sometimes these shops offer products cheaper than real shops and even maker's official direct shops.

I like a shop called Nttx. The store always sell PC servers for personal use or small sized company use and often offers very lower prices for PC servers. The price is around 10,000 yen($125). I haven't expected that we can get a PC server for such a low price.
Why can they sell a PC server at so low price? The reason is around sales share competitions. Many PC makers in Japan compete each other by taken the number of share percentage. If they lose the number, they seems to be retreating in domestic market so that many sells low cost PC server on slightly margin to get share percentages. Sales are often held in the end of financial term, March, June, September and December.

I wanted to buy a PC server this month but there are no special offer right now so I hesitate to buy it now, maybe I will wait special offers until next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment