2012/11/20

Kindle has finally come in Japan


I received kindle Paperwhite e-book reader yesterday.
I have used some items and bought some books at Japanese Amazon store. Comparing previous Kindle touch, Paperwhite have a brighter screen and little more smooth move in touch.

I have been worry about my account, because I have an account at both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.jp. I was not sure to get my books bought earlier at Amazon.com with storing my items bought at Amazon.co.jp.
As a result, I could have both items. First my kindle was registered by my account at Amazon.co.jp but I could unregister and re-register with my Amazon.com account by switching kindle's system language.
unregister JP account -> swithing system language -> reboot -> register US account (Vice versa)
Some Japanese books are offered by a bargain price at Amazon.co.jp. Some are sales at about 100 yen($1.2). Some are sales at little cheaper price then real books.



I bought some books and comic at Amazon.co.jp.



The screen is brighter than ever model so that I could read easily even small fonts in comic and novel. I have not tried to read for many hours, I could not tell about tiredness on eyes.But I feel good so far. Some parts of UI is defferent from previous Kindle touch. I, however, was not at a loss to use it.

Japanese Amazon store have not only Japanese books but also English books. It is easy to buy English books with Japanese yen and Amazon.co.jp account. That might lower a wall to reach to English books for many Japanese consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment