2012/11/15

"Biz Dev" minds at start-up company

I read a article "Why we have never hired anyone from the NBA" yesterday and I knew the word "Biz Dev". I think that it is a derivation word of "DevOps." and "Biz Dev" is a good expression to show situations of venture companies. There is no development member who work for only developing. They need to make everything from a plan of business to demonstrate their product.
I have been working at a venture company and I feel "Biz Dev" minds are essential part of developers in the company.

From article,
(1) embracing new technologies and learning to shoot hoops – even if you will never be a tall guy, a basic understanding will deliver a step-change in your effectiveness;
(2) a proven ability to get shit done – start and keep up a squad, blog (hypocritical I know given my recent hiatus!) or other small team; or
(3) knowledge and experience of working at a startup – the only way to really learn about doing a startup is by working at or starting one yourself. (The next best thing is to be well-read on the space and with the number of great resourcesout there you really have no excuse.)
 Each items are good point, we need to learn and act much more faster than a developer who work at a big company. Everyday we are in a classroom at a front line of business competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment